If you are having a dental emergency, our highly trained doctors and staff are here for you. Whether you broke your tooth, are in pain, or have a dental-related swelling, call us. We can see you immediately. Our helpful staff will make it as easy as possible to work around your schedule so you can be seen right away. We will do our best to let you know what is going on and what your options are so that you can make the best decision and start feeling better right away!
What Do I Do When a Tooth Gets Knocked Out?
- Step 1: Only handle the tooth by the crown, not the root.
- Step 2: Gently rinse the tooth and mouth with plain water.
- Step 3: If possible, reposition the tooth in the socket immediately. If not, see step 4.
- Step 4: Keep the tooth moist at all times. Milk is a great fluid for storing an injured tooth.
- Step 5: Call us immediately. If we can get to your tooth within a half hour of the injury, we have the best chance of successfully saving it.
What Do I Do If My Tooth Gets Broken or Chipped?
Tooth enamel cannot heal on its own. A chipped or broken tooth may not be cause for immediate worry, especially if there is no pain. It is, however, something that should not be ignored.
Chips and cracks in the enamel expose the soft inner tissues of the tooth to the outside elements. Even if the tooth is fine for the moment, continued movement of the mouth, as well as exposure to bacteria and temperature changes, will put a great deal of stress on the tooth pulp.
If your injury has damaged a tooth in this way, put a cold compress over the area to reduce swelling, and call North Star Dental right away!
We Take Same Day Patients
North Star completely understands that accident and injury don’t always happen during convenient times of the day. We will even come in after hours! The health of your teeth is our priority!
If you have experienced an emergency and need a quick appointment, we’ll take you as you are. Give us a call and we’ll fit you in as soon as we can.